Wednesday, April 22, 2015
I focused on getting the head done as much as possible and added as much texture to the body as time permitted.
I changed the shape of the ears as well. I used a different material on the eyes and it is what creates the shine. So if the final image below looks weird because of the shine it's not me I swear! Haha.
So I ended up making adjustments here and there with the paint job - I sharpened up the hatch and other smaller parts. I actually modeled and painted the satellite receivers, but once I attached them they kind of looked out of place, so I ditched em! Let me know if you'd like to see them on. I kind of like it the way it is.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
I had been reworking these for fun, so I'll post them today. Here are the two color comps (side/front) and the final color render.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Still need to create some little doodads here and there - like the chimney pipe and the satellite receivers on the top. I've used flat lighting because I like the cartoony look - but I'll definitely mess around with lighting and rendering to see if I like it better.